Friday, August 17, 2007




Well I made it to scenic West Lafayette, IN. I am now officially a PhD student in Rhetoric and Composition at Purdue University. That picture is of Hovde Hall here on campus. I think it is the administration building. All I know is, that is where I go when I have trouble with my difference check, not financial aid mind you, with the all important difference check.


The campus really is as pretty as it looks. I think I will upload some pictures here next week of the towns of West Lafayette, and Lafayette that the fiancee and I took whilst out and about. The town is beautiful. It has a great river running through it called the Wabash, however, it is so polluted that they have signs that says do not touch the water. The signs literally say do not wade, swim, or touch the river, and a kid died about twenty miles down the river after bridge jumping. The jump did not kill him, but the sepsis did. YEAH...


Things seem much different now. I always said during my masters that I was going to get a PhD and become a professor, but now it is all really real. I am now locked in, and thinking about publishing, teaching, etc that will help me prepare for my career. It no longer seems like a diversion but a serious career choice. All this adultness is really depressing at times, and really uplifting at times. I feel like I have a career and direction in my life, but I also fill boxed in at times. I guess it is all part of growing up but I really could do without the growing pains.


I think I am going to start updating the blog again about two times a week. Trying to post something everyday is far too time consuming right now, and it burns me out on blogging. I think I will be a more productive blogger if I try to pace myself.

2 Comments:

At 12:55 PM , Blogger Andi said...

Lovely picks and holy shit re: the river. That's crrrazy.

I'm glad you're finding your niche there in IN, and I wish you all the best.

Now get to bloggin' and entertain me.

 
At 7:11 PM , Blogger theotherfeminist said...

here, here-lovely pics. Slainte while you embark on your new adventure.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home